Saturday, March 8, 2014

Nonfiction Reading Response

     I had found "The Natural " by Mike Tierney from The New Times Upfront magazine the most interesting. Zach Hodskins a senior at Milton High School whom was born without a left forearm nor his left hand but loves to play basketball at his school's team.This is just one of the many example that you can do almost do anything as long you are dedicated.
     Amazingly enough he averages out scoring eleven per game and can get a shot from almost any where in the gym. Zach can be a huge inspiration to many disabled athletes. And perhaps an inspiration to anyone. Athletes like Tom Dempsey and Natalie du Toit are also disabled but made it to the NFL or the Olympics.  For those who have not read this article you totally should.
      Zach is confident and will not let anything get in the way. He has an advantage. His missing forearm had made him to strive for more, to go higher. "it's upsetting when he notices young people try to hide or disguise a disability with clothing or cropped photos on their social media...If Hodskins hid his disability or shied away from the challenge he wouldn't be able to defy expectations.
      I really enjoyed this article and i hope that you can too.

1 comment:

  1. I also thought that article was interesting. I think Zach is a really good role model

    ReplyDelete