Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Writing Prompt

   Ember carefully crawled her way through the mud. She was trying to avoid making the obnoxious loud pop noise when you pull a limb out of it. Tree were snapping and falling as the thunderous thud pounded the forest floor, shaking the earth below. Pushing her dark matted hair out of her eyes, she squints her eyes to the small slits. The bridge was only a few yards away. She curses beneath her breath. She might not make it.
   The beast in the distance releases a blood curdling cry, "Eeee-raaaar!" It crashed around, furious, and destroyed everything within it's path. The griffon had returned, more bloodthirsty than ever. "Craptastic, I get to be the first course to this eagle-cat's dinner." she thinks as she lets herself sink into the mud a bit before crawling again. She couldn't stand this BS anymore. The heat was already coursing through her body. The mud was sizzling beneath her. Finally she was it, letting her hand brush against the cool stone scorching it. She felt her flesh ablaze.
   Ember plucks herself out of the mud  and jumps on to the bridge. She felt her eyes shift from amber to yellow. She smirked as she remembered that weird song, "Hungry for that flesh that miiiiine!" She couldn't quite remember the next part so she skipped and simply went to next the next. "What do you see in those yellow eyes?" How ironic. Ember bursts into flame ansd was hungry for battle as the griffon unfolded it's wings. "I'm falling to pieces, I'm falling to pieces."
   It's no secret that this was going to be a fight to the death. They both lunge at each other an start fighting, "I'm falling to pieces, I'm falling to pieces..."

2 comments:

  1. Dear Kat, I think this is such an amazing story. This story shows soo much creativity while having the requirements from the prompt. Overall I think you did a FABULOUS JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete